Practice Aims: The Erskine Medical Practice aim is to provide high quality medical care and we believe this is best delivered through team work involving a wide range of health care professionals.
What We Endeavour To Do:
- Availability - Whenever possible you will be offered a routine appointment on the same day, but not necessarily with the doctor of your choice.
- Waiting Times - We try to keep as near as possible to your appointment time, but will endeavour to see you within 30 minutes, although sometimes urgent call-outs and difficult cases inevitably pose greater delays.
- Test Results - We undertake to contact patients about investigation results which are abnormal and need action.
- Privacy & Confidentiality - All members of the Erskine Medical Practice operate fully within the usual ethical code of confidentiality and information is not divulged outside of this code without the patient's consent. The Practice also ensures that we fulfil the standards of the Data Protection Act with respect to computer held records.
- Access To Records - You have the right to access the contents of your medical records. This is done by making a request in writing to the General Manager.
- Repeat Prescriptions - These we undertake to have ready for collection 2 working days after ordering. We will review repeat prescriptions on a regular basis.
- Referrals - When the Erskine Medical Practice is unable to provide you with the service that you need, we undertake to refer you to other locally based services or hospitals.
- Disabled Patients - We endeavour to have easy access to our premises for disabled patients.
- Listening To Patients - We welcome suggestions and will investigate all written complaints and reply within 20 days.
What We Ask Of You:
- Courtesy: Please treat the Practice Staff, and especially the Reception Staff, with the same courtesy as you would expect yourself.
- Home Visits: Please only request these if it is not at all possible to attend the surgery, and, except in genuine emergency, requests must be made before 11.00am
- Appointments: If you cannot attend please contact Reception to cancel your appointment at the earliest opportunity to enable us offer it to another patient.
- Co-Operation: Please make sure you understand our appointment system and only request urgent attention where there is a genuine need for this.
- Out Of Hours Emergency Calls: These are services reserved solely for problems which cannot wait until the surgery next opens.
- Name, Address And Telephone Number Changes: It is essential that any name, address and telephone number changes are notified to us quickly and that you notify any other agencies, e.g. Hospitals, separately yourself