All consultations are by appointment only. The times for doctors consultations are as follows: -
Monday to Friday - 08.15 a.m. to 12.45 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Appointments are also available after 6pm on Tuesdays for patients who are unable to attend during our normal working hours.
Each consultation lasts approximately 10 minutes and doctors always try to run on time. However, if a patient has a difficult problem or requires hospital admission during surgery, delays can result. We appreciate your patience should you experience delay
Booking an Appointment
If you wish to make an on the day appointment with a doctor you can ring on the day you wish to be seen. The receptionist will normally offer you the choice of a telephone consultation as an alternative to a face to face appointment. If you wish a face to face appointment you will be offered one that day. If you prefer you can book your appointments in advance. Occasionally all our appointments get booked up. In this instance if you feel you cannot wait until another day you will be asked if you would like the duty doctor to call you back.
Our practice nurses' appointments can all be booked in advance.
General points for all Appointments:
- When following up a problem, it’s strongly advised that you try to see the same doctor.
- One appointment – One patient – please do not ask the doctor or nurse to see other members of your family during your appointment as this causes longer waiting times for everyone.
- If you cannot attend for an appointment, please ring up to cancel it, thereby freeing it for somebody else.
- Always make sure that the Receptionist is aware that you are in the Waiting Room.
- Patient Call System – Our display in the waiting area gives a visual/audible indication for you to report to the doctor or nurse’s room when they are ready to see you.
- Eye problem - Should your consultation relate to an eye problem please ensure you have your spectacles with you.
See also Telephone Consultations