Private Fees – NHS Treatment for Overseas Visitors
The criteria for treatment of patients using the services of the UK National Health Service (NHS) for overseas visitors at the Erskine Practice are as follows:
EMERGENCY or IMMEDIATELY NECESSARY TREATMENT
- If treatment is urgently required this will be provided free of charge regardless of the patient’s usual home country.
- The diagnosis of “Emergency” or “Immediately Necessary” treatment is the responsibility of the Doctors at Erskine Practice, who can admit patients to hospital if required.
- Between the hours of 6.00pm and 8.00am, at weekends and on Bank Holidays patients should contact NHS24 by telephoning 111
- In the circumstances where, in the opinion of the Doctors at the Erskine Practice, the patient’s condition or problem is such that medication or treatment is required before the patient returns to their usual home country, then medication or treatment which the Doctor feels is appropriate will be provided.
Treatment by a Doctor will be free of charge providing the following conditions are met:
- If the patient is usually resident in one of the countries listed on the NHS Website (NHS Inform) as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) AND
- The patient is able to produce their European Health Insurance card (EHIC) or E111
Treatment by a Doctor will be chargeable in the following circumstances:
- If the patient is usually resident in one of the countries listed on the NHS Website as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) AND
- is unable to produce their European Health Insurance card (EHIC) or E111
- OR if the patient is usually resident in a country which is not regarded as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) as listed on the NHS Website.
Where the Doctors at the Erskine Practice regard medical treatment as being CHARGEABLE, then the following scale of charges will apply:
Consultation with a Doctor in the Surgery (depending on length of consultation)
£50.00 - £75.00
Consultation with a Nurse in the surgery
Fee for a private prescription (Chemist will also charge for dispensing medication)
£10.00 per item
Other services and vaccines available
Prices on request
Private Blood Test (Price depends on the test required and chargeable by NHS Tayside)
Prices on request